The role of the pharmaceutical wholesaler is to make the process of purchasing drug products from pharmaceutical manufacturers more efficient.
Some wholesalers specialize in dealing with a particular range of products, such as biologics or to specific types of customers.
Specialty drug distributors primarily carry specialty pharmaceutical drugs. These distributors’ customer base typically includes independent specialist physician offices, physician-owned clinics, hospital-owned clinics, specialty pharmacies, home healthcare providers, and to a lesser extent, hospital pharmacies.
Specialty drug distributors provide services to various customers, including pharmaceutical drug manufacturers and healthcare providers. Specialty drug distributors offer core, foundational services include supply chain, financial, information and regulatory compliance services, as well as data and information services.
The “Big Three”—AmerisourceBergen, Cardinal Health, and McKesson—dominate the distribution of drug products, and these companies are increasingly distributing specialty therapies.
AMI’s report, Specialty Drug Distributors 2023-2024 Overview, offers comprehensive intelligence on the leading full-line distributors, specialty drug distributors, and vaccine distributors.
Each distributor company profile includes: company background, corporate strategy, top executives, financial/investor information, products and services, and recent activities.
The report is available for $249 for a single-user license. Department and Corporate Licenses are available, please click here.
The report’s Table of Contents:
Introduction – pgs. 4-5
Full-Line Distributor Profiles – pgs. 6-77
- Anda, Inc. – pgs. 7-9
- Capital Wholesale Drug – pgs. 10-11
- Cardinal Health – pgs. 12-20
- Cencora – pgs. 21-33
- Cesar Castillo, LLC – pgs. 34-37
- Dakota Drug – pgs. 38-39
- DMS Pharmaceutical – pgs. 40-42
- Drogueria Betances, LLC – pgs. 43-44
- KeySource – pgs. 45-46
- Louisiana Wholesale Drug Company – pg. 47
- McKesson Corporation – pgs. 48-57
- Morris & Dickson Co., LLC – pgs. 59-61
- Mutual Drug – pgs. 63-64
- PBA Health – pgs. 65-67
- Prescription Supply, Inc. – pgs. 68-69
- R&S Northeast, LLC – pgs. 70-71
- Smith Drug Company – pgs. 72-73
- Value Drug Company – pgs. 74-77
Specialty Drug and Vaccine Distributor Profiles – pgs. 79-110
- Accredo Health/CuraScripts SD– pgs. 79-83
- BioCareSD – pgs. 84-87
- BioRidge Pharma, LLC – pgs. 88-89
- Clint Pharmaceuticals – pg. 90
- FFF Enterprises, Inc. – pgs. 91-95
- Health Coalition, Inc. – pgs. 96-97
- Henry Schein, Inc. – pgs. 98-100
- Hercules Pharmaceuticals – pgs. 101-102
- Prodigy Health – pgs. 103-104
- Weinstein – pgs. 105-106
- Real Value Rx – pgs. 107-108
- VaxServe – pgs. 109-110