Millions of Americans are affected by mental health conditions every year. According to the National Institute of Mental Health, over 20% of adolescents, either currently or at some point in their life, have had a seriously debilitating mental disorder.
While the growing awareness of mental health and substance abuse conditions was expected to accelerate demand for services before the pandemic, recent healthcare reform in the U.S. had been expected to increase access to industry services as more people obtain insurance coverage.
Mental health spending rose to $225 billion in 2019—an increase of 52% in the past decade, from 2009 to 2019. The question is whether the pandemic will cause a big jump in behavioral health spending in 2021—for both mental health and addiction treatment. A Kaiser Family Foundation poll shows that nearly half (45%) of all U.S. adults say the pandemic has affected their mental health, while 19% say it has had a “major impact.”
Prescriptions for anti-anxiety drugs spiked 34% between February 16 and March 15, 2020, and also increased for antidepressants (18.6%) and anti-insomnia drugs (14.8%), according to a report from Express Scripts.
AMI’s new report, Pharmacy in Behavioral Health, reviews the current environment and profiles the 15 leading behavioral health providers and the leading national and regional pharmacies providing behavioral health services.
The Table of Contents includes:
Current Environment – pgs. 4-11
Top 15 Behavioral Health Providers – pgs. 12-31
- Acadia Healthcare
- AAC Holdings, Inc.
- Beacon Health Options
- Behavioral Health Network
- BrightSpring Health Services
- Oceans Healthcare
- Promises Behavioral Health
- Pyramid Healthcare
- Sequel Youth & Family Services
- Sheppard Pratt Health System
- Springstone, Inc.
- Strategic Behavioral Health
- The MENTOR Network
- Universal Health Services
- Volunteer Behavioral Health Care System
National Behavioral Health Pharmacies – pgs. 32-51
- Avita Pharmacy
- Comprehensive Pharmacy Services
- DirectRx Pharmacy
- Envolve Pharmacy Solutions
- Genoa Healthcare
- Guardian Pharmacy Services
- HealthDirect Pharmacy Services
- Institutional Pharmacy Solutions
- Magellan Health, Inc.
- PharMerica Corporation
Regional Long-Term Care Pharmacy Profiles – pgs. 52-73
- Barney’s Pharmacy
- Bouvier Pharmacy
- Centerville LTC Pharmacy
- Circle Care Center Pharmacy
- Contract Pharmacy Services
- 1st Avenue Pharmacy
- First Health Specialty Pharmacy
- Johnson’s Pharmaceutical Services Inc.
- Life Tree Pharmacy
- Metrocare Services
- Miami Beach Community Center Pharmacy
- NorthRock Solutions
- Park Shore Pharmacon
- Procare LTC Pharmacy
- Sunray Specialty Pharmacy
- Sunwest LTC Pharmacy
- Terrapin Pharmacy
- Village Drug Shop at Advantage
- Westwood Pharmacy