Download sample pages from AMI’s Pharmacy in LTC 2019 report and begin to understand why the market offers a unique revenue opportunity for pharmaceutical and healthcare companies but does pose challenges not seen in other market channels.
Pharmacy in Long-Term Care 2019 report. The long-term care pharmacy market continues to offer a unique revenue opportunity for pharmaceutical and healthcare companies but does pose challenges not seen in other market channels.
Most older Americans need some type of senior care as they age: 35% of people use skilled nursing facilities while 13% of people use assisted living facilities. An additional 37% of people will use some other type of care.
The relationship between long-term care and pharmacy has evolved slowly over the years, but that is quickly changing as new business models and service lines emerge in both industries. Many senior living facilities have turned to third-party outsourcing for their pharmacy services.
Prescription spending in the Long-Term Care Channel has remained stable over the past few years in the $16-$17 billion range with nearly 400 million prescriptions dispensed. Access Market Intelligence (AMI) estimates there are approximately 1,600 long-term care pharmacies the U.S.
AMI’s new report answers the following:
- What are the population trends?
- What is the background and trends of the long-term care and senior living markets?
- What is the background and trends of pharmacy in long-term care and senior living?
- Who are the top 15 Skilled Nursing Facilities companies and their executive contacts?
- Who are the top 15 Senior Living companies and their executive contacts?
- Who are the national LTC pharmacies and their executive contacts?
- Who are the leading regional LTC companies and their executive contacts?
- What services are offered by these pharmacies and where are they located?
Pharmacy in Long Term Care 2019 Table of Contents:
Long-Term Care Pharmacy Overview – pgs. 7-18
Top 15 Skilled Nursing Facilities Company Profiles with contacts – pgs. 19-36
- Genesis HealthCare
- ProMedica/HCR ManorCare
- Life Care Centers of America
- Sava SeniorCare
- The Ensign Group
- Good Samaritan Society of Sanford Health
- Consulate Health Care
- Trilogy Health Services
- Saber Healthcare Group
- Signature HealthCARE, LLC
- Senior Care Centers
- Preferred Care Partners Management Group
- American Senior Communities
- National HealthCare Corporation
Top 15 Senior Living Facilities Company Profiles with contacts – pgs. 37-52
- Brookdale Senior Living
- Holiday Retirement
- Life Care Services
- Five Star Senior Living
- Sunrise Senior Living
- Erickson Living
- Atria Senior Living
- Senior Lifestyle
- Affinity Living Group
- Capital Senior Living
- Watermark Retirement Communities
- Integral Senior Living
- Milestone Retirement Communities
- Discovery Senior Living
National Long-Term Care Pharmacy Profiles with contacts – pgs. 37-52
- Guardian Pharmacy
- HealthDirect Pharmacy Services
- Heartland Healthcare Services
- Institutional Pharmacy Solutions
- Medicine Shoppe International
- Omnicare/CVS Health
- Partners Pharmacy
- Pegasus Express Pharmacy
- Pharmcare USA
- PharMerica Corporation
- Remedi SeniorCare
Regional LTC Pharmacy Profiles with contacts – pgs. 53-128
- BHS Pharmacy
- Boswell Pharmacy Services
- Buffalo Pharmacies Institutional
- Care Capital Management/Medicine Shoppe
- Centerville LTC Pharmacy
- Community Care Rx
- Consonus Healthcare Services
- Contract Pharmacy Services
- Covenant Pharmacy
- Diamond Pharmacy Services
- Falk’s Nursing Service
- FHP Pharmacy Services
- Forum Extended Care Services
- Gayco Healthcare
- Grandview Pharmacy
- Grane Rx
- Green Tree Pharmacy
- IPPC Pharmacy
- Johnson’s Pharmaceutical Services
- Kelley-Ross Pharmacy Services
- Medication Management Partners
- Medi-Wise Long Term Care Pharmacy
- MedScript Long Term Care Pharmacy
- Morton Long Term Care Pharmacy
- National HealthCare Corporation
- National Pharmacy
- Park Shore Pharmacon
- PCA Pharmacy
- PharmaCare of Cumberland
- Polaris Pharmacy Services
- Precision LTC Pharmacy
- Prime Care Pharmacy Services
- ProCare LTC
- Propac Payless
- Rockhill Pharmacy
- Rx Partners, Inc.
- Schwieterman Pharmacies
- Senior Care Pharmacy
- Skilled Care Pharmacy
- Skilled Nursing Pharmacy
- Sterling Long Term Care Pharmacy
- UVANTA Healthcare
- Wellfount Pharmacy
- William Brothers Health Care
- Population Projections by Age
- Type and Use of Senior Care
- Long-Term Care Statistics
- SNF National Patient Volume Projections by Age
- Estimated Number of LTC Pharmacies in the U.S.
- Pharmaceuticals to Nursing Homes Flow Chart
- Top 15 Skilled Nursing Facility Companies
- Top 15 Senior Living Providers
- Prescription Spending in LTC Pharmacies
- Prescriptions Dispensed in LTC Pharmacies
- LTC Pharmacy Segmentation by Payer Type
- Prescriptions dispensed into LTC settings per resident per month
- Most Common RXs by LTC Pharmacy Providers
- LTC Pharmacies Market Share
Published February 2019