Pharmacy Benefits for Nonspecialty Drugs: Access and Management. The e-book is an easy to read reference for all healthcare-related professionals that better helps them understand the complex world of managed pharmacy benefits.
What does the ebook cover? The ebook is a unique new resource that provides a foundation of understanding about drug benefit access and management. This ebook explains the evolution of prescription drug benefit management based on:
- Enhancing access to pharmacy services for nonspecialty drugs
- Containing the costs of nonspecialty or prescription medications
- Managing utilization of nonspecialty or prescription drugs
- Managing disease states and patient outcomes
Pharmacy Benefits for Nonspecialty Drugs: Access and Management features features 113 pages , 12 tables, 3 figures and 7 call-outs in the following chapters:
- Introduction to Pharmacy Benefit Management
- Pharmacy Benefit Plan design
- Formularies and E-Prescribing
- Drug Utilization Review and Compliance
- Value Frameworks, Practice Guidelines, Outcomes Research, and Contracting
- Pharmacies, Pharmacy Networks, and Pharmacy Reimbursement
- Evaluation and Selection Trends for Pharmacy Benefit Management
Specialty and biologic drugs will be covered extensively in a separate Book– Coverage for Specialty Pharmaceuticals: Access and Management.
Add to Cart
ALSO AVAILABLE NOW
Glossary of Common Drug Related Terms and Acronyms (2018 Edition) is the new ebook’s companion publication that covers the most common terms used in the growing pharmaceutical benefits industry segment. The Glossary contains concise, easy-to-understand definitions, as well as a list of acronyms frequently heard in today’s healthcare benefits marketplace. This guide is used by clinicians and non-clinicians involved who want to understand and successfully use key industry terms used in the day-to-day design of pharmacy benefit programs.
Multiple volume discounts are avalable for both the E:Book and The Glossary.
About the Authors: Developed with benefit and pharmacist thought leaders, this is a must-have book for anyone involved in, or interested in, the medical, pharmaceutical or general health benefits marketplace. The ebook and Glossary were developed in partnership with Access Market Intelligence (AMI), and the Institute for Integrated Healthcare (IIH).
The glossary and ebook are authored by F. Randy Vogenberg, Ph.D, R.Ph, Principal with IIH. Dr. Vogenberg is a national expert on managed care, commercial health benefits and plan design, health-system delivery & economics, and health innovation research.