Although the number of new estimated cancer cases have been increasing, the estimated number of deaths has been decreasing but still exceeded 600,000 in 2019 according to the American Cancer Society.
There are two classifications of oncology practices: community oncology and institutional or hospital-based oncology. Almost 55 percent of the Americans with cancer receive treatment in the community oncology setting. A community oncology practice is a private physician owned business not part of a hospital or academic or medical teaching institution.
An increasing number of cancer drugs and ancillary therapies are now delivered in oral formulations, with some estimates reporting that up to 35% of all cancer medications in the research pipeline are administered in this form.
In the last decade, physician in-office dispensing and/or pharmacies have emerged as a vital component in the quest to provide patients with high-quality, high-value, and convenient personalized cancer care.
AMI’s new report, Community Oncology Practices Overview provides an overview and profiles of more than 35 leading community oncology practices and in-house dispensing. Each practice profile includes: Address, Phone, URL, Executive Director, Practice Administrator, Pharmacy Director, Practice Background, Locations, Treatments and Services, Pharmacy, and Recent Activities.
Table of Contents
Community Oncology Practices Background – pgs. 5-7
Oncology Practice Profiles – pgs. 8-86
- Affiliated Oncologists
- Alabama Oncology Hematology Associates
- Alliance Cancer Specialist
- American Oncology Network
- Arizona Oncology
- Cancer & Hematology Centers of Western Michigan
- Cancer Care Specialists of Central Illinois
- Compass Oncology
- Dayton Physicians Network
- Diablo Valley Oncology/Hematology
- Florida Cancer Affiliates
- Florida Cancer Specialists
- Georgia Cancer Specialists
- Hematology-Oncology Associates of Central New York
- Illinois CancerCare
- Illinois Cancer Specialists
- Maryland Oncology Hematology
- Minnesota Oncology
- New England Cancer Specialists
- New Mexico Cancer Center
- New York Cancer & Blood Specialists
- New York Oncology Hematology
- Northwest Medical Specialties
- OHC (Oncology Hematology Care, Inc.)
- Oncology Consultants, P.A.
- Regional Cancer Care Associates
- Rocky Mountain Cancer Centers
- South Carolina Oncology Associates
- Tennessee Oncology
- Texas Oncology
- The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders
- The CenterTX
- West Cancer Center & Research Institute
- Woodlands Medical Specialists
- Virginia Cancer Institute
- Virginia Cancer Specialists