Mail-order pharmacy use has been growing as consumers become comfortable shopping from home. Mail order dispensing growth in dollars has continued at the expense of other retail and mail alternatives since 2013. In the current turbulent pharmacy benefit management market, mail order pharmacy is playing an increasingly important role for major market participants.
The aging and health of the population is one of the main drivers of mail order prescription growth as the numbers of medication required for the elderly grows. With mail order pharmacy, qualified medicines are mailed straight to a patient’s home, saving patients a trip to the pharmacy. This service is typically offered for maintenance medications used for chronic conditions like high cholesterol, high blood pressure, asthma, diabetes or depression. Patients often receive 90 days’ worth of medication at once rather than having to get a prescription refilled every month.
AMI’s new report answers the following:
- What are the population trends by age?
- What are the top chronic conditions in the elderly?
- What growth has the mail order dispensing channel experienced?
- Who are the mail order pharmacies market leaders and who is their parent company?
- Who are the executive contacts of these companies?
- What services are offered by these pharmacies and where are they located?
- What acquisitions and major activities have taken place in the industry recently?
The Mail Order Pharmacies Report’s Table of Contents:
Background – pgs. 6-9
Company Profiles – pgs. 10-70
- Advocate Aurora Mail Order Pharmacy
- AllianceRx Walgreens Prime
- Capsule Pharmacy
- Costco Mail Order Pharmacy
- CVS Caremark/Aetna
- DrugSource, Inc.
- Envolve Pharmacy Solutions/Homescripts
- ESI/ CignaHome Delivery Pharmacy
- Fairview Mail Service Pharmacy
- HealthPartners myMailRx
- Humana Pharmacy
- Kaiser Permanente
- Kroger PPS Mail Service
- MedImpact Direct
- Medvantx Pharmacy Services
- ProAct PBM
- ProCare Rx
- Serve You Rx
- Veterans Affairs Mail Order Pharmacy
- Population Projections by Age
- Top Chronic Conditions in Adults 65+
- Total Prescriptions: 2013-2017
- Pharmaceutical Sales by Dispensing Locations: 2013-2017
- WBA’s Retail Prescriptions Dispensed from 2016-2018
- Diplomat’s Net Sales by Major Source
- CVS Health Financial and Statistical Information 2017-2018
- CVS PSS Financial and Statistical Information 2017-2018
- Centene Revenue by Business Segment 2017-2018
- Cigna’s Medical Customers and Relationships at year-end 2018
- Cigna’s Health Services segment revenues at year-end 2018
- Express Scripts Financial and Statistical Results 2015-2017
- Optum Rx Revenue and Adjusted Scripts 2017-2018