IDNs’ 2017 Report Sample – Ascension Health Profile. The consolidation of integrated delivery networks (IDNs) continues to be one of the fastest-growing trends in healthcare.
- In 2016, 80.6% of acute-care hospitals were affiliated with an integrated delivery network (IDN; 4,261), up from 79.8% in 2015 (4,248).
- The number of medical group practices affiliated with an IDN nearly doubled from 2010 (2,923) to 2016 (5,705).
- Between 2014 and 2016, the number of medical group practices (MGPs) in IDNs expanded by 31.3%, while that of MGPs that were not affiliated with IDNs rose by just 15.3%.*
Organizations which sell to these large networks need to have the business intelligence to restructure their existing sales forces or develop knowledgeable account managers who understand:
- IDN consolidation and its impact increase their negotiating leverage
- How Decision-making is transitioning from clinical to administration
- The impact that IDNs are having on treatment choices
- Which IDNs are assuming risk for patients with bundled payments and population health initiatives
AMI’s free sample of Ascension Health’s profile identifies the information needed to develop successful strategies in selling to IDNs. This includes:
- Contact information for Operations, Pharmacy, and Purchasing
- IDN Background
- Statistical/Financial Information
- Health Plan/Insurance Initiatives
- Population Health Initiatives
- Group Purchasing
AMI’s report, IDNs Consolidation Highlights Uniqueness, includes profiles on 20 of the country’s leaders.
- Sanofi Managed Care Digest Series 2017 Provider Digest