UnitedHealth Group (UHG) is a health care and well-being company with a mission to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. UHG’s two distinct, yet complementary business platforms—Optum and UnitedHealthcare—are working to help build a modern, high-performing health system through improved access, affordability, outcomes and experiences for the individuals and organizations the company serves.
Optum combines clinical expertise, technology and data to empower people, partners and providers with the guidance and tools they need to achieve better health. Optum serves the broad health care marketplace, including payers, care providers, employers, governments, life sciences companies and consumers, through its Optum Health, Optum Insight and Optum Rx businesses.
UnitedHealthcare offers a full range of health benefits, enabling affordable coverage, simplifying the health care experience, improving consumer health, advancing health equity and delivering access to high-quality care.
- UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual serves employers ranging from sole proprietorships to large, multi-site and national employers, public sector employers and individual consumers. UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement delivers health and well-being benefits for Medicare beneficiaries and retirees.
- UnitedHealthcare Community & State manages health care benefit programs on behalf of state Medicaid and community programs and their participants.
- UnitedHealthcare Global provides health and dental benefits and hospital and clinical services to employer groups and individuals in South America, and through other diversified global health services.
UnitedHealth Group’s BusIntell Report provides a comprehensive review of UHG and its two business platforms – Optum and UnitedHealthcare.
Table of Contents
- Background – pgs. 4-5
- Executives – pg. 6
- Strategy – pgs. 7-8
- Strengths – pg. 9
- Weaknesses – pg. 10
- Financial and Statistical Information – pgs. 11-13
- Products and Services
- Optum – pgs. 14-15
- Optum Health – pgs. 16-17
- Optum Insight – pg. 18
- Optum Rx – pgs. 19-21
- UnitedHealthcare – pg. 22
- UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual – pgs. 23-24
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement – pgs. 25-27
- UnitedHealthcare Community & State – pgs. 28-29
- UnitedHealth Global – pg. 30
- UnitedHealthcare Local Activities – pgs. 31-32
- Health Plan Activities by State – pgs. 33-38
- Optum – pgs. 14-15