Sutter Health Report.
Sutter Health partners with more than 12,000 doctors to care for more than 3 million people in California. Sutter Health is one of the largest health systems in the northern region of California with 24 hospitals, 31 ambulatory surgery centers, 9 cancer centers, 6 specialty care centers, and 9 major physician organizations. The health system also negotiates on behalf of several other affiliated organizations, including the Palo Alto Medical Foundation. The system generated over $12 billion in operating revenues in 2017.
A stable financial position gives Sutter Health the opportunity to further expand community access to high-quality healthcare. Sutter Health invested $924 million in new facilities and lifesaving technology throughout Northern California in 2017—extending its total investment to nearly $10 billion during the last 10 years.
Working with an Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) has evolved over the years with accounts becoming larger, although fewer in number. Medical device and pharmaceutical sales reps no longer sell directly to pharmacists or physicians as business operations and profit have become as, if not more, important than clinical decisions.
Working successfully with IDNs is dependent upon knowing and understanding which, and how many, types of site of care and decision-makers there are in the organization. This will not include hospitals but also medical groups, long-term care, outpatient centers and clinics, specialty pharmacy, and strategy for bundled payments and population health.
AMI’s June 2018 report on Sutter Health identifies:
- The organization’s sites of care and decision-makers.
- Hospital locations and number of beds.
- Medical Groups, ACOs and decision-makers.
- Population health and bundled payment activities.
- Financial and Statistical information.
- Recent Activities.
The report’s Table of Contents:
- Executives – pg. 4
- Background – pg. 4
- Hospitals – pgs. 5-6
- Skilled Nursing Facilities – pg. 6
- Medical Groups – pgs. 7-8
- Accountable Care Organizations – pg. 8
- Health Plan – pg. 9
- Bundled Payments/Population Health – pg. 10
- Financial/Statistical Information – pgs. 10-12
- Recent Activities – pg. 13
- Sources – pg. 14