Primary care is health services that cover a range of prevention, wellness, and treatment for common illnesses. Primary care providers include doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants. A primary care practice serves as the patient’s entry point into the health care system and as the continuing focal point for all needed health care services.
Among the challenges that primary care physicians are facing, an increasing number are becoming employed by hospitals or corporate entities.
As primary care evolves from fee-for-service to value-based care reimbursement, new primary care models and providers are emerging. Sites of care are also moving from clinics to virtual platforms, care at home, and pharmacy retailers, among others.
Retailers are entering the primary care market as they regard the size of the opportunity and a number of their competitors making investments. Combined with a number of recent acquisitions and ongoing consolidation by market participants, we view the primary care market undergoing a major transformation over the next few years.
AMI’s new report, Primary Care Market: Transforming in 2023-2024 provides a background of the primary care market and profiles the companies that will be leading the market in 2023 and beyond, segmenting them into three categories: Retailers, Alternative Models, and Virtual Platforms.
Company profiles of the market participants includes: company background, corporate strategy, key executives, financial and/or investor information, products and services, and recent company activities.
The report is available for $249 for a single-user license. Department and Corporate Licenses are available, please click here.
Table of Contents
Primary Care – pgs. 5-9
- Virtual Care
- Amazon Clinic/One Medical – pgs. 11-15
- Apple Inc. – pgs. 16-20
- Cigna Evernorth – pgs. 21-26
- CVS Health/Oak Street Health – pgs. 27-33
- UnitedHealth/OptumCare – pgs. 34-43
- Walgreens Boots Alliance – pgs. 44-51
- Walmart Health – pgs. 52-60
- agilon health, inc. – pgs. 62-64
- Aledade, Inc. – pgs. 65-68
- apree health (Vera Whole Health) – pgs. 69-71
- ChenMed – pgs. 72-73
- ConcertoCare – pgs. 74-75
- Crossover Health – pgs. 76-78
- DispatchHealth – pgs. 79-81
- Everside Health – pgs. 82-83
- Heal – pgs. 84-85
- Homeward Health – pgs. 86-88
- Marathon Health – pgs. 89-90
- MDVIP – pgs. 91-92
- Premise Health – pgs. 93-95
- Privia Health – pgs. 96-98
- Transcarent – pgs. 99-101
- Accolade, Inc. – pgs. 102-105
- Amwell – pgs. 106-110
- Buoy Health – pgs. 111-112
- Carbon Health – pgs. 113-116
- CareClix, Inc. – pgs. 117-118
- CirrusMD – pgs. 119-120
- Curai Health – pgs. 121-122
- Firefly Health – pgs. 123-124
- First Stop Health – pgs. 125-126
- Forward Health – pgs. 127-128
- Galileo Medical – pgs. 129-131
- HealthTap – pgs. 132-134
- Hinge Health – pgs. 135-137
- Included Health – pgs. 138-139
- 98point6 – pgs. 140-142
- Omada Health – pgs. 143-144
- Teladoc Health – pgs. 145-148
- Vida Health – pgs. 149-151
- Xealth – pgs. 152-153