Pharmacy in Hospice Care report. The hospice pharmacy market continues to offer a unique revenue opportunity for pharmaceutical and healthcare companies but does pose challenges not seen in other market channels.
Considered to be the model for quality, compassionate care for people facing a life-limiting illness or injury, hospice care involves a team-oriented approach to expert medical care, pain management, and emotional and spiritual support expressly tailored to the patient’s needs and wishes. Support is provided to the patient’s loved ones as well.
Hospice care revenue is expected to rise, despite the uncertainty surrounding reimbursement rates. Many people have started using hospice as hospital stays and nursing homes become more expensive. Industry demand will likely escalate alongside the elderly proportion of the population. Medicare is looking to implement a change in strategy for end-of-life care.
The relationship between hospice care and pharmacy continues to evolve. There are two types of common pharmacy providers in hospice:
- Independent Local Pharmacy Direct
- Pharmacy Benefit Manager: allows hospice clients to utilize a preferred network of local pharmacies and provides reimbursement options.
Prescription spending in Hospice will continue to grow as the number of hospices in 2020 is forecast to exceed 4,500.
AMI’s new report answers the following:
- What are the population trends by age?
- What is the background and trends of the hospice market?
- Who are the top 15 Hospice providers and their executive contacts?
- Who are the leading hospice pharmacies and PBMs and their executive contacts?
- What services are offered by these pharmacies and PBMs?
Pharmacy in Hospice 2019 Table of Contents:
Hospice Overview – pgs. 6-20
- Population Projections by Age
- Hospice Background
- Medicare Coverage
- Hospices Number Forecast
- Days of Care
- Principal Diagnosis
- Site of Care
Top 15 Hospice Provider Profiles with contacts – pgs. 21-36
- Kindred at Home
- VITAS Healthcare
- Amedisys, Inc.
- ProMedica/HCR ManorCare
- Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care
- Compassus Hospice
- Hospice of the Valley
- Crossroads Hospice & Palliative Care
- Golden Living AseraCare Hospice
- Providence St. Joseph Health
- Tidewell Hospice
- Heart to Heart Hospice
- Kaiser Permanente
- Suncoast Hospice
Hospice Pharmacies and PBMs Profiles with contacts – pgs. 37-80
- ASAP Pharmacy
- AvaCare, Inc.
- Avantum Hospice Pharmacy
- Concierge Pharmacy
- Davila Pharmacy Inc.
- DeliverCareRx Pharmacy
- Delta Care Rx
- Enclara Pharmacia
- Faith & Hope Hospice & Palliative Care
- Grove Park Pharmacy and Hospice
- Haller’s Pharmacy
- Hospice Pharmacy Solutions
- KB Pharmacy
- Managed Healthcare Pharmacy
- MedX Pharmacy
- OnePoint Patient Care
- Optum Hospice Pharmacy Services
- Palliative Drug Care
- Phoenix Home Care & Hospice
- Pharmacy Prestige Pharmacy
- ProCare Hospice Care