Pharmacy Benefits for Nonspecialty Drugs: Access and Management – NEW e-Book, Second Edition, 2023. The new, second edition e-book is an easy to read updated and expanded reference through 2022 for all healthcare-related professionals that better helps them understand the complex world of managed pharmacy benefits:
- Relationships among pharmaceutical contracting and prescribing
- Pharmacy distribution and dispensing
- Pharmacy utilization management and policies
- Patient cost sharing and adherence
- How to “follow the money” throughout the managed benefit system
Developed with benefit and pharmacist thought leaders, this is a must-have book for anyone involved in, or interested in, the medical, pharmaceutical or general health benefits marketplace. The e-Book includes a comprehensive 25-page Glossary of Common Drug-Related Benefit Terms and Acronyms.
This e-book explains the evolution of prescription drug benefit management based on:
- Enhancing access to pharmacy services for nonspecialty drugs
- Containing the costs of nonspecialty or prescription medications
- Managing utilization of nonspecialty or prescription drugs
- Managing disease states and patient outcomes
- Includes a 25-page Glossary of Common Drug-Related Benefit Terms and Acronyms
The e-book features 122 pages with a 25-page Glossary , 13 tables, 5 charts and 6 call-outs in the following chapters:
- Introduction to Pharmacy Benefit Management
- Pharmacy Benefit Plan Design
- Formularies and E-Prescribing
- Drug Utilization Review and Compliance
- Value Frameworks, Practice Guidelines, Outcomes Research, and Contracting
- Pharmacies, Pharmacy Networks, and Pharmacy Reimbursement
- Evaluation and Selection Trends for Pharmacy Benefit Management
- Glossary of Terminology
About the Authors: The e-book and Glossary were developed in partnership with Access Market Intelligence (AMI), and the Institute for Integrated Healthcare (IIH).
The Glossary and e-book are authored by F. Randy Vogenberg, Ph.D, R.Ph, Principal with IIH. Dr. Vogenberg is a national expert on commercial employee benefits and plan design, education on insurance, applied outcomes research, and strategic benefit consulting on medical-legal, clinical, or economic issues in commercial health care.