Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) are third party companies that function as intermediaries between insurance providers and pharmaceutical manufacturers. PBMs create formularies, negotiate rebates (discounts paid by a drug manufacturer to a PBM) with manufacturers, process claims, create pharmacy networks, review drug utilization, and more.
Many pharmacy benefit managers developed their technology platforms for business practices a number of years ago. These practices may include a system for eligibility, membership, prescribers, claims, pharmacy network contracts, pricing, benefits, formularies, authorizations, compliance, and more.
Recently, a number of entities have been entering the market with new PBM technology platforms. This technology may leverage advanced business intelligence capabilities with data analytics, AI/machine learning, and proprietary technology and analytics and be offered to the market as a solution to help drive down the high costs of pharmacy benefits.
The new PBM Platform Companies Overview offers comprehensive intelligence on over 25 of these companies. The report provides a brief background on the market. Each company profile includes: company background, strategy, top executives, financial/investor information, products and services, and recent activities.
AMI recently published its PBMs 2022 Annual Review that segments the market into Market Leaders, Mid-Market PBMs, and the growing segment of Non-Traditional PBMs.
Table of Contents
- Background – pgs. 4-5
PBM Platform Company Profiles
- Abarca Health – pgs. 7-11
- Agadia Systems – pgs. 12-14
- Cadence Rx, Inc. – pgs. 15-17
- EHO360 – pgs. 18-21
- Elixir/Laker Software – pgs. 22-26
- Excellarate – pgs. 27-29
- Gainwell Technologies – pgs. 30-33
- Infostretch Corporation – pgs. 34-35
- Levrx Technology Inc. – pgs. 36-39
- MC-Rx – pgs. 40-43
- Milliman Dynamic Pharmacy Analytics – pgs. 44-46
- nirvanaHealth/RxAdvance – pgs. 47-52
- PharmPix Corporation – pgs. 53-56
- Prescryptive Health – pgs. 57-61
- Procella Health – pgs. 62-63
- Rightway Healthcare – pgs. 64-67
- RxBenefits Inc. – pgs. 68-71
- RxLogic – pgs. 72-73
- RxRevu – pgs. 74-78
- RxSense – pgs. 79-83
- Scripta Insights – pgs. 84-86
- SmithRx – pgs. 87-89
- SS&C/DomaniRx – pgs. 90-93
- Tredium Solutions – pgs. 94-95
- Truveris – pgs. 96-100
- VativoRx – pgs. 101-104
- Xevant – pgs. 105-108