Partners HealthCare Report.
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community locally and globally. Collaboration among its institutions and health care professionals is central to its efforts to advance its mission.
Founded in 1994 by Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare is an integrated health care system, founded by Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, that offers patients a continuum of coordinated and high-quality care.
In addition to its two academic medical centers, the Partners system includes community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home health and long-term care services, and other health care entities. Partners HealthCare is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community.
Working with an Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) has evolved over the years with accounts becoming larger, although fewer in number. Medical device and pharmaceutical sales reps no longer sell directly to pharmacists or physicians as business operations and profit have become as, if not more, important than clinical decisions.
Working successfully with IDNs is dependent upon knowing and understanding which, and how many, types of site of care and decision-makers there are in the organization. This will not include hospitals but also medical groups, long-term care, outpatient centers and clinics, specialty pharmacy, and strategy for bundled payments and population health.
AMI’s June 2018 report on Partners HealthCare identifies:
- The organization’s sites of care and decision-makers.
- Hospital locations and number of beds.
- Medical Groups, ACOs and decision-makers.
- Population health and bundled payment activities.
- Financial and Statistical information.
- Recent Activities.
The report’s Table of Contents:
- Executives – pg. 4
- Background – pg. 4
- Hospitals – pgs. 5-6
- Skilled Nursing Facilities – pg. 6
- Medical Group – pg. 7
- Accountable Care Organizations – pg. 7
- Specialty Pharmacy – pg. 8
- Bundled Payments/Population Health – pgs. 8-9
- Health Plan/Insurance – pg. 10
- Financial/Statistical Information – pgs. 11-12
- Recent Activities – pg. 13
- Sources – pg. 14