Physician Dispensing: Independent Oncology Practices: There are two classifications of oncology practices: community oncology and institutional or hospital-based oncology. Independent community oncologists are in private practice.
Community oncologists’ earnings from infusion and injectable drugs have fallen sharply over the last decade, due largely to the introduction of the average sales price (ASP) metric for Medicare Part B reimbursements.
As that change pressures practice finances, and as more oral drugs become available, community oncologists are increasingly establishing their own in-house pharmacies and dispensaries to capture a growing revenue source and maintain close oversight of patients’ treatment regimens.
At least 521 community oncology practices have in-house dispensaries, accounting for 2226 oncologists, according to the Community Oncology Association (COA). Another 351 practices have retail pharmacies.
According to studies cited in a COA white paper earlier this year, dispensing physicians comprise about 46% of specialty medical spending, and 14% of all prescriptions in 2014 were dispensed directly by a physician.
Access Market Intelligence’s new report, Physician Dispensing: Independent Oncology Practices, identifies the leading independent oncology practices around the country that dispense drugs.
Each Oncology Practice profile includes: address, phone website, contacts, number/type of oncologists, locations, pharmacy or dispensary information including pharmacist (when available).
Oncology Practice Profiles include:
- Arlington Cancer Center
- Arizona Oncology
- Buffalo Medical Group
- Cancer CareAssociates of York
- Cancer Care Specialists of Central Illinois
- Cancer Care Centers of Brevard
- Cancer Center ofSarasota-Manatee
- CCS Oncology
- Compass Oncology
- Contra Costa Oncology
- Dayton Physicians Network
- Diablo Valley Oncology/Hematology
- Florida Cancer Specialists
- Fort Wayne Medical Oncology and Hematology
- Ghosh Center for Oncology & Hematology
- Hematology & Oncology Consultants of Pennsylvania
- Hematology Oncology Associates of Brooklyn
- Hematology Oncology Associates of CNY
- Hematology-Oncology Associates of Fredericksburg
- Illinois CancerCare
- Iowa Cancer Specialists
- Joliet Hematology Oncology Associates
- Lancaster Cancer Center
- Minnesota Oncology
- New England Cancer Specialists
- New Hampshire Oncology-Hematology PA
- New York Oncology Hematology
- OHC (Oncology Hematology Care, Inc.)
- Oncology Consultants
- Oncology Specialists of Charlotte
- Pacific Cancer Center
- Pacific Shores Medical Group
- Progressive Care S.C.
- Queens Medical Associates
- Regional Cancer Care Associates
- Rocky Mountain Cancer Centers
- Salib Oncology
- Solano Hematology Oncology Associates
- South Carolina Oncology Associates
- Southeast Nebraska Cancer Center
- Louis Cancer Care
- Summit Cancer Centers
- Tennessee Oncology
- Texas Oncology
- The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders
- The Jones Clinic
- The Zangmeister Cancer Center
- Tri-County Hematology & Oncology
- University Cancer and Blood Disorders
- Utah Cancer Specialists
Published January 2017