Northwell Health Report.
Northwell Health (Northwell) is New York State’s largest health care provider and private employer, with 23 hospitals, more than 650 outpatient facilities and nearly 15,000 affiliated physicians. Northwell cares for over two million people annually in the New York metro area and beyond.
Northwell’s 66,000 employees – 15,000-plus nurses and 4,000 employed doctors, including members of Northwell Health Physician Partners – are making breakthroughs in medicine at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research. Northwell is training the next generation of medical professionals at the visionary Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell and the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies.
Working with an Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) has evolved over the years with accounts becoming larger, although fewer in number. Medical device and pharmaceutical sales reps no longer sell directly to pharmacists or physicians as business operations and profit have become as, if not more, important than clinical decisions.
Working successfully with IDNs is dependent upon knowing and understanding which, and how many, types of site of care and decision-makers there are in the organization. This will not include hospitals but also medical groups, long-term care, outpatient centers and clinics, specialty pharmacy, and strategy for bundled payments and population health.
AMI’s June 2018 report on Northwell Health identifies:
- The organization’s sites of care and decision-makers.
- Hospital locations and number of beds.
- Medical Groups, ACOs and decision-makers.
- Population health and bundled payment activities.
- Financial and Statistical information.
- Recent Activities.
The report’s Table of Contents:
- Executives – pg. 4
- Background – pg. 4
- Hospitals – pgs. 5-6
- Skilled Nursing Facilities – pg. 6
- Medical Group – pg. 7
- Accountable Care Organizations – pg. 7
- Specialty Pharmacy – pg. 8
- Bundled Payments/Population Health – pgs. 8-9
- Health Plan/Insurance – pg. 10
- Financial/Statistical Information – pgs. 11-12
- Recent Activities – pg. 13
- Sources – pg. 14