National Health Insurers are developing strategies and responses to the COVID-19 pandemic that has altered the health insurance market. With millions of people losing their jobs there will be a shift away from commercial employer-sponsored plans and into government-sponsored plans and the individual market.
A recent report released by Moody’s Investors Service predicted that most insurers will remain profitable after the Covid-19 pandemic. According to the report, smaller, regional insurers focused on commercial members would be the most vulnerable in each of the scenarios as a result of the pandemic.
AMI’s new report provides profiles of the Top 10 National Health Insurers in one source. Each profile provides an understanding of the company’s background, business segments, products and services, year-end and first quarter financial and membership performance, COVID-19 response, company strategy, and national activities.
The Table of Contents for the 70-page report with over 30 tables includes:
- Overview – pg. 4
Health Insurer Profiles
- Anthem, Inc. – pgs. 5-8
- Centene Corporation – pgs. 9-14
- Cigna Corporation – pgs. 15-22
- CVS Health/Aetna – pgs. 23-28
- GuideWell/Florida Blue – pgs. 29-32
- Health Care Service Corporation – pgs. 33-36
- Humana, Inc. – pgs. 37-44
- Kaiser Permanente – pgs. 45-50
- Molina Healthcare – pgs. 51-56
- UnitedHealth Group – pgs. 57-69
References/Sources – pg. 70