Medical-Surgical Distribution Report. Distributors of medical and surgical supplies provide a wide variety of products and services to healthcare providers which include hospitals, hospital-based systems, physicians and alternate-site providers.
The healthcare industry continues to grow as a result of an aging population, increasing consumerism, advancements in medical technology and testing, and new pharmaceutical treatments. The healthcare distribution industry is also growing as demand increases from healthcare providers and suppliers focused on improving the management of their supply-chain operations.
Distributors contract with healthcare providers, including integrated healthcare networks (IHNs), directly and through group purchasing organizations (GPOs) that negotiate distribution contracts on behalf of their members. Distributors also serve suppliers by selling and distributing suppliers’ healthcare products, including supplies used in medical treatment and surgical procedures.
Healthcare providers rely on strategic relationships with national medical and surgical supply distributors to perform traditional warehousing and delivery functions, as well as to efficiently manage their entire supply chain. Suppliers also turn to distributors for supply-chain management expertise and services.
The ongoing consolidation within the industry will continue, resulting in a decreasing number of local and regional distributors. The market leading distributors will continue to acquire companies that can enhance their current product and service offerings or provide opportunities to serve a broader customer base. A number of distributors also compete with manufacturers to sell products to end users.
AMI’s Medical-Surgical Distribution Report offers a brief background on the industry and profiles of the leading distributors which include: locations, phone, website, background, products and services, recent activities, and strategic direction.
The report’s Table of Contents:
Background – pgs. 4-5
- Amazon – pgs. 7-8
- American Medical Depot – pg. 9
- Benco Dental – pg. 10
- Buffalo Hospital Supply Co. – pg. 11
- Cardinal Health – pgs. 12-15
- Claflin Company – pgs. 16-17
- Concordance Healthcare Solutions – pgs. 18-19
- Democrasales/Grogan’s Healthcare Supply – pgs. 20-21
- DeKroyft-Metz & Co. – pg. 22
- Gemco Medical – pg. 23
- Henry Schein, Inc. – pgs. 24-26
- McKesson Medical-Surgical – pgs. 27-30
- Medline Industries, Inc. – pgs. 31-33
- Midmark Corporation – pgs. 34-35
- NDC – pgs. 36-37
- Owens & Minor Inc. – pgs. 38-42
- Patterson Companies – pgs. 43-44
- Progressive Medical – pgs. 45-46
- Shared Service Systems – pg. 47
- TwinMed, LLC – pg. 48
- Turenne PharMedCo, Inc. – pg. 49
- Wolf Medical Supply – pg. 50
- Sources – pg. 51