Health Care Service Corporation BusIntell Report provides a comprehensive review of the largest customer-owned health insurance company in the U.S.
Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC), an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, is the fourth largest health insurer, operating through its Blue Cross and Blue Shield® Plans in Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. HCSC has a well-established presence and leading overall market share in each of its five states.
The company, founded in 1936, serves more than 16 million members across five states and employs more than 23,000 people in over 60 local offices. HCSC is dedicated to expanding access to high quality, cost-effective health care and equipping its members with information and tools so they can make the best health care decisions for themselves and their families.
HCSC affiliates and subsidiaries, such as Dearborn National® and Medecision, offer group life, disability and dental solutions, as well as worksite and voluntary products, allowing its customers accessibility to more products. HCSC Insurance Services Company, a wholly-owned subsidiary, underwrites and administers certain Medicare and Medicaid business.
HCSC’s BusIntell Report is 40 pages and the report’s Table of Contents:
- Background – pg. 4
- Individual Insurance – pg. 5
- Medicaid – pgs. 6-7
- Medicare – pgs. 8-10
HCSC Health Plans
- Background – pgs. 11-16
- Strategy – pg. 17
- Strengths – pg. 18
- Weaknesses – pg. 19
- Financials – pg. 20
- Health Plans by State – pgs. 21-28
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries – pgs. 29-34
- Activities – pgs. 35-37
- Executives – pgs. 38-39
- Marketplace Enrollment 2015-2019 – pg. 5
- Medicaid Enrollment Projection 2018-2023 – pg. 6
- Medicaid Spending Projection 2018-2023 – pg. 7
- Medicare Eligibles Projection 2016-2023 – pg. 9
- Medicare Spending Projections 2016-2023 – pg. 9
- Medicare Advantage Population Growth Projections 2018-2023 – pg. 10
- Health Plan Statistics – pg. 12
- Retail Membership Health Services Highlights – pg. 12
- Financials 2016-2017 – pg. 20
AMI’s series of company-specific BusIntell reports includes: Anthem, Humana, UnitedHealth Group, Cigna, CVS Health, Centene, Kaiser Permanente, Molina Healthcare, WellCare, and Health Care Services Corporation.