Anthem, Inc. BusIntell Report provides a comprehensive look at one of the largest health benefits companies in the United States in terms of medical membership, serving approximately 41 million medical members through its affiliated health plans as of March 31, 2019. Anthem serves its members as the Blue Cross licensee for California and as the Blue Cross and Blue Shield, or BCBS, licensee in 13 states.
Through its subsidiaries, Anthem also serves customers in over 25 states across the country as America’s 1st Choice, Amerigroup, Aspire Health, CareMore, Freedom Health, HealthLink, HealthSun, Optimum HealthCare, Simply Healthcare, and/or UniCare. Anthem established a new pharmacy benefits manager called IngenioRx in October 2017 and entered into a five-year agreement with CVS Health’s Caremark subsidiary to begin offering PBM solutions.
Anthem is implementing its roll-out of the new business and interest in IngenioRx is continuing to build as its value proposition becomes more evident to the market. Anthem’s strategy is to integrate its pharmacy and medical product offerings into a “whole person health strategy” to reduce the total cost of care and package its IngenioRx solutions. Anthem also plans to continue to implement its acquisition strategy to achieve efficiencies from the company’s national scale while optimizing service performance for Anthem customers.
Anthem, Inc. BusIntell Report is 45 pages with 13 charts. The report’s Table of Contents:
- Background – pgs. 4-8
- Background – pgs. 9-10
- Products and Services – pgs. 11-13
- IngenioRx – pgs. 14-15
- Strategy – pg. 16
- Strengths – pg. 17
- Weaknesses – pg. 18
- Financials – pgs. 19-21
- Membership – pgs. 22-24
- Health Plans by State – pgs. 25-40
- Subsidiaries – pgs. 41-46
- Executives – pg. 47
- Medicaid Enrollment Projection – pg. 5
- Medicaid Spending Projection – pg. 6
- Medicare Eligibles Projection – pg. 7
- Medicare Spending Projections – pg. 9
- Medicare Advantage Population Growth Projections – pg. 9
- Anthem Revenue 2014-2018 – pg. 20
- Anthem Net Income 2014-2018 – pg. 21
- Anthem Benefit Expense Ratio 2014-2018 – pg. 21
- Anthem Segment Revenue 2016-2018 – pg. 22
- Anthem Medical Membership 2014-2018 – pg. 23
- Anthem Medical Membership by Customer 2016-2018 – pg. 24
- Anthem Specialty Membership 2016-2018 – pg. 25
- Top 3 Companies Group Health Premiums by State – pgs. 26-39
AMI’s series of company-specific BusIntell reports includes: Anthem, Humana, UnitedHealth Group, Cigna, CVS Health, Centene, Kaiser Permanente, Molina Healthcare, WellCare, and Health Care Services Corporation.